Welcome to PODIFF ("PODIFF," "pau," "de" "af"). PODIFF provides a new way for you to compare information and share Point of Difference based articles.
Broadly PODIFF is driven by the purpose where users can share and communicate information in form of point of differences articles. These articles help Users talk about and compare two things or views. Interesting PODs help you create more followers and get more upvotes and views. These PODs are actively shared by user community making your account popular. This also helps you generate traffic to your particular webpage by providing a back link at the end of each POD. You can create PODs on serious and informative topics to just casual abstract PODs.
As you use our services, we want you to be clear how were using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
To the extent possible we keep content and data collection and usage restricted from 3rd party. Also, all your information and Content are termed as critical information in PODIFF parlance and great precaution is taken for this information. But at no point of time PODIFF guarantees any security of this Information and Content and You must understand the critical nature of the information you share on PODIFF. If you feel it is a critical information or important business information which should not be shared with any outside/3rd party companies or individual, please do not upload it on PODIFF as PODIFF does not guarantee any security, these information could be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed beyond PODIFFs control. To an extent possible PODIFF keeps and maintains the information securely.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, Users, Account owner and others who access the Service ("Users").
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide to us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for a PODIFF account and all other field data which is required to create an account on PODIFF.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, logo, phone number). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on PODIFF.
- Information details accessible from any 3rd party social login and authentication system that you use to connect to PODIFF.
- User Content (e.g., like, share, up vote, comment, follow) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and PODIFF. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
Finding your connections on PODIFF:
- If you choose, you can use our "Invite" feature to invite or locate other people with PODIFF accounts either through (i) your contacts list, (ii) third-party social media sites, (iii)email service or (iv) through a search of names and usernames on PODIFF.
- If you choose to find your contact through (i) your device's contacts list, then PODIFF will access your contacts list to determine whether or not someone associated with your contact is using PODIFF.
- Note about "Invite" feature: If you choose to invite someone to the Service through our "Invite" feature, you may select a person directly from the contacts list on your device and send a text or email from your personal account. You understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device, and because this invitation is coming directly from your personal account, PODIFF does not have access to or control this communication.
- In some cases we use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
More information is available in our About Cookies section
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by PODIFF.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with Users Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of Users Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a Tag Search", GoLocal and Geo Location. This makes Content more searchable, relevant and interactive. If you use location based searches, your latitude and longitude will be stored with us. Also this extends to an IP address location tracking to serve you relevant local information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- Automatically update the PODIFF application on your device PODIFF or other Users may run contests, special offers or other events or activities ("Events") on the Service. If you do not want to participate in an Event, dont use the particular Metadata (i.e. geotag) associated with that Event.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside PODIFF (or the group of companies of which PODIFF is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share Users Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that PODIFF is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymous data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share Users Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as Users Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your profile setting.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties using the PODIFF API have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of controls:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the India where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in India or any other country in which PODIFF, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- PODIFF, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union, US or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Indian law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, PODIFF cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to PODIFF or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and PODIFF, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to PODIFF make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
- If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, PODIFF, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. We may also use content through other service, account or media till an extend period of time.
- If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
PODIFF does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
In the event of the death of a PODIFF User, please send us an email to the following email address: email@example.com We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
HOW TO CONTACT US